Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Theoretical car list - suggestions

O:Theoretical car list - suggestions 6 years 5 months ago #1106

• Greg Goissen
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received 1
:( :( :( hey guys !!!! peace and love , we are here fo to have fun all together that all :)
P2: GP1979 Season 2
The administrator has disabled public write access.

O:Theoretical car list - suggestions 6 years 5 months ago #1107

• Pawel W
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
yeah, I think the same.... Fun is all that counts... but make your opinion more argumentative Greg because we really need arguments here. Good or bad - we need a fruitful dialogue...

If Uros thinks that having a better car will give him a chance to win against the best drivers, well, he is wrong... (and others who think in this way are wrong as well - look at Gilles and Klakier at Kyalami)

The fact is that in those two races, he had a car that could take him to the podiom easily but he couldn't use it.

If not for the podium then he had a car which allowed him to fight for the top 10 positions so what's the matter Uros?????? What is so unfair here? And even Kacper who didnt finish the race (but he chose a relatively good car for his abilities) is in the top 10 in the progression list. So.. One of the top 10 cars is waiting for him now... and you call that WRONG???? :ohmy:

With the Bt49 Uros, you could have raced kkacper, you could have raced the new guys, me and Fireball so what is that you dislike so much?? who is responsible for the gap you are talking about?? the system or your driving???

I see the new guys who in the dogs at kyalami are choosing the top cars now, so it is not that bad???

And the fact is the first 10 cars are almost the same in performance so it is enough to finish the races to be within their reach all the time....

EDIT:
Greg if you look at HSO system, which of them you do like better looking taking into account the question of being fair and possibility of the car choice?? Ours or the HSO one?

Because in my opinion, it isn't always fair at HSO that some good drivers still have the best cars throughout the whole season - like you or Pierre. But let's leave it.

This year I've noticed that the average drivers got some of the best cars actually, and not only this year but also last year. For example - Kimi - he used to have the RS12 - a winning car, did he manage to win at least once?

With our system the slow guys are able to earn progression and it works only in the situation when you finish the race. Can you imagine changing a car during the season in the HSO? No... it is not possible, then is it fair???

Are we too harsh on the drivers requiring them to finish the race??? NO!!!! The duty of the driver is TO FINISH THE RACE, and the system makes it CLEAR - and this is how it should be!! The more drivers on the track towards the end of the race, the more chances to fight. Uros would like to have a little bit of everything, the best car, a little racing, a little drama and trauma, kissing a rail and then a good car for the next race to start it all over again - this is how it looks at least.. but IT WON'T HAPPEN because I joined a good League and not a kindergarten. SO if children manage to force their opinions on the administrator, I will definitely leave and go to the league in which I will have to agree with the feeling of failure, defeat and the sweet taste of winning...

Moreover, I can't see the best guys here choosing the best cars all the time, You take M29 - it is not the best car, Carlo will choose somethin similar probably and I don't suspect he will drive the williams now.... so... the best drives like the ferrari and williams, lotuses are free for the slower drivers... I don't like the best cars either...

And one more thing, Uros accuses the system of gap creation without a chance to race. NOT TRUE.

It is enough to look at the qual results to see which drivers are in the chance to fight on the track, and who are out of reach or so behind that they will be straggling in the tail.

Our Leage has just started and no matter what system you will accept, there will always be a gap because people need to practise their race pace... be consistent and then we can talk about the success of the whole system.

The system did not have time to show its full potential right now, so it will stay as it is. If the drivers show a competitive edge and consistency, and the system will be wrong.. then we will be thinking how to change it.

For the time being, I believe it should stay the way it is.
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Pawel W.

O:Theoretical car list - suggestions 6 years 5 months ago #1113

• Greg Goissen
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received 1
Pawell you make a great confusion, the F1 championship in 79 HSO is a league that has reproduced the accuracy of the F1 season 79, so each driver has the same car with these écolutions throughout the season. drivers hadn t permission to drive different cars in the historical reality isn t it ? . Your league uses a historical mod but nothing is historical in your championship. another thing HSO good drivers have impossibilty to drive the good car (in order to have close grid and close races), and last things the cars are assigned by administrators.

In conclusion you can not under any circumstances make a comparison between the F1 79 HSO championnship and yours. they are totaly different and opposite .

after when I see you write that I still drive in HSO best cars, you have to explain to me where you've seen it, because since the 8 first races of the season I drive the very average mclaren 28 ... . ??
P2: GP1979 Season 2

Re: O:Theoretical car list - suggestions 6 years 5 months ago #1115

• Carlo Pozzi
  • ( Visitor )
He's referring probably to last year, where you got the M29 (but you entered the champ at mid season) and Pierre got the Tyrrell from the beginning

O:Re: O:Theoretical car list - suggestions 6 years 5 months ago #1119

• Pawel W
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Exactly Carlo, more or less like it.. and of course you are right greg, we don't have a historic arrangement here so let's focus on our problems...

apart from that, I think you could agree with what I wrote about our system...
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Pawel W.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

CURRENT SERVER

DRM REVIVAL 2.0a

ANDERSTORP

DOWNLOAD FILES

LIVE TIMING

provided by

CLICK BELOW TO GET ACCESS TO SERIES INFO

finished seasons:

Simracers Youtube channel:

Simracers 2010-2012

Driver's Ranking and Past Events closed