Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A

More
1 year 7 months ago #4149 by Admin
Admin created the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
Date: 26.02.2017
Time: 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT) (qualifying)
Class: A

This is Class A race with only level 7 and level 6 cars on grid, depending on driver's option choice. Free choice within each car level. Available cars:

- Level 7 -
Williams FW07
Ligier JS11 Standard or Monza
Renault RS12
Ferrari T4 or T4 Slow
Lotus 79

- Level 6 -
Lotus 80 (with or without front wing)
Renault RS11
Brabham BT49
Tyrrell 009 (Standard, Monaco or US)
McLaren M29
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nuno Gaiteira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #4162 by Admin
Admin replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
IMPORTANT NOTE!

Due to over 20 drivers registered and possible crowd in qualifying - it's changed to 15 minutes.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #4168 by Scott Ring
Scott Ring replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
Sorry Matt, from practice and Qual I thought just hitting esc would get me out, so I was scrambling for my mouse and got out too late..... :( :blush:
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Scott Ring.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #4169 by Michal
Michal replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
Laszlo Csapo, I'm sorry I did not expect that so strongly deaccelerate the car. I locked the wheels and unfortunately I hit you. Once again, I am sorry.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Admin.

More
1 year 7 months ago #4170 by László Csapó
László Csapó replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
No problem, it happens sometimes. It was a bit difficult to drive with injured rear left suspension. I braked there so early because the brakes and tyres are cold in the first 1-2 laps.

More
1 year 7 months ago #4171 by Roman Koranda
Roman Koranda replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
Good race. I had an interesting battle with Aitor.
The battle to the last round. In the last lap I got a chance to overtake, but
I could not hold 4 position.
See you next time :)

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #4172 by Mariusz Lebioda
Mariusz Lebioda replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
Q: P3 but miles behind Michal pole time. Still quite good time though especially on soft tires.

R: As always poor start for me, but didn't lost too many positions. Managed to survive first lap and started to catch the leaders but they were some 5-6 secs ahead already. After few laps i was able to pass Dominik and Marek for 2nd position but Michal was way out of reach in the lead. I was going with a good pace then but started to worry about fuel level. At the end i slowed down a little bit but it was not enough and i was short on fuel for one final lap. My mistake in calculations. P2 was so close. Maybe next time will have more fortune :)

Congratulations for podium finishers. Glad to see so much cars on the grid. See you next time in Brazil.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nuno Gaiteira, Massimiliano Cardinali

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #4174 by Marek Archipow [Fireball]
Marek Archipow [Fireball] replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
Q: P2
R: P3

Qual:
15-minutes-qualy gave me enough time to make a good lap. It was crowdy but luckily I didn't have any problems. Last lap I was even 0.3 s. faster after S2 but I made mistake or something gone wrong. Anyway, P2 was real surprise.

Race:
Michal Mazurek drove off, but I kept P2 until the longest straight came on lap 1. Dominik Satel overtook me but I did a small mistake on braking zone. Fortunately I didn't lose position even by going off on grass for while. Then I had a short "fight" with Mariusz Lebioda who overtook me in the same point as Dominik. I knew I'm slower as him so I got focused on possible P3 trying to keep his pace. We both caught Dominik finally and passed him. Then I had quiet race almost until the finish, when on penultimative lap I realised I will be out of fuel on the last lap. From that moment I started to save my fuel as much as it was possible, but had to let Dominik pass me, despite of approx. 5 s. gap between us. Luckily I had enough advantage over Aitor Lopez and Roman Koranda, so I delivered my car with only 0.1 L of fuel to the S-F line. Aaaarghh!

I'm happy with my pace, looking forward to the next events. On Buenos I executed my plan in 100%.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Marek Archipow [Fireball].
The following user(s) said Thank You: Massimiliano Cardinali

More
1 year 7 months ago #4175 by Matthew Gyorgy
Matthew Gyorgy replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
Thanks Scott, no worries mate, just racing incident. Better luck next race

More
1 year 7 months ago #4176 by Matthew Gyorgy
Matthew Gyorgy replied the topic: Round 1 - BUENOS AIRES - Class A
Qualify. P10
Was getting low 1:42 in practice but was more tactical with so many cars on track only managed a 1:44

Race. P21
Out first lap, made a terrible start and ran wide at first corner causing me to lose all places to last, I then collided with a crashed Scott Ring, I blame myself as I should have avoided him. First race in nearly 18 months, still got the skills ( on an empty track... lol) but very rusty actually racing in a pack, didn't get as much practice as I'd like with other drivers due to connection problems during the week. All sorted now though and looking forward to interlagos and hopefully a finish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Massimiliano Cardinali

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds